Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fall sunshine is still good sunshine



Yep..it's finally fall here. The sun now rides low in the sky, and the clocks have been adjusted. While I don't appreciate winter any more and somewhat dread it's approach, it's inevitable so I'm already making plans on 'getting through it'. I have a few Marines in the sand to take care of. Boxes of goodies and some just crazy stuff will be packed and mailed. I have a ton of fleece I need to 'tie' into blankets. Now, all I need is someone to give them to. Last year it was a box of them sent to Fisher House in Texas. I think I'll do the same again.
Anyway...there will be less time spent outdoors and most likely more time to type to myself on this forum.

Took the doggies to a wooded area today for a walk. It was a pretty day even if it was a bit windy. Cooper had never been in the woods before, so he was on sensory overload the entire time. The big dog loves any kind of outing and had an equally good time. I enjoyed it too! The Halloween decor is down and will be tucked away for another year. Plans are being made on what will be made and taken to the relatives houses for Thanksgiving. I'm making an offer to do it here. We'll see if there are any takers. I was the sole dinner provider for about 13 years. Now, I miss it. With all the kids in different places, we just don't have enough mouths to feed around here. I hope I don't forget how to cook some of the old favorites.

No comments: