Friday, July 6, 2007

A quarterly update?


I figured I would have a hard time dealing with a blog..but since I'm the only one reading what I have previously typed...except for Susan..what the heck!? The more things change, the more they stay the same.


The pup is back in action and I'm glad to say you can't tell he was ever hurt to begin with. The kid is no longer in high school..he's officially a graduate and within a month plus a few days of starting college. I on the other hand don't know if I have enough tupperware to sell at a garage sale to keep him in Mac-N-cheese or not! The meal program alone for a year will wipe out what little I can throw at the bill..so I'm thinking there is a student loan in the very near future.


In other news..Jehrico is back on! YEAH! Enough of us griped at the morons at CBS to get it revived. Their threat though is that it may only be a temporary thing. Seems there are more idiots who would rather watch a faux reality show than something a bit more dramatic. There is just no accounting for taste I guess.


The Marine finally got to come home for a short visit. It had been 638 days plus or minus a day since we had last seen him. Waaay too long to go inbetween! He looked so good. He's filled out and grown up and a part of me is sad that I missed it. But, it is a lot like when they are little and someone else sees their first tooth before you do, or gets to see them ride the bike for the first time without training wheels. There is always something we won't be privy too, and that's just the way it goes. I'm thankful for every day we do have together, even if it means just a phone call or a message on the chat line. Without the technology we have today, I and many other military moms would be total basket cases. How our grandparents and great grandparents made it through those months and years with nothing but an occasional letter in the US mail..I'll never know. Those were indeed some very tough times.


The bees are back and I'm out there snapping pics again this year. Just can't help myself..it's amazing to watch them. :-) We've had a pair of barn swallows nesting on our porch. I thought it was quite big of me to 'allow' them to build here and looked forward to seeing the chicks hatch etc. What I did NOT know was that these nifty little birds are VERY aggressive and I am fed up with being dive bombed every time I get out of my vehicle or go check the mail. They are big enough now to be receiving 'flight lessons' and I am giving them two more days to get the kids kicked out of the nest. My version of the HUD program is coming through and this nest is 'going down'! The garden is doing well except there seems to be a fungus amongus and the tomatoes are not doing well. It's a shame too because they had been going like gang busters up until the excess rain we've had.


That's it in a nutshell for now! :-) Enjoy the heat and sun!


1 comment:

Susan said...

I feel blessed you named me in your blog:) am I special or what..glad to hear the lil shit is back up and keeping up with Forrest and Brutus he has to keep them going and in there place wink wink,
I can contribute to the college fund for tupperware and we can buy a year supply of noodles and velveeta to make homemade hot plate and he will be good to go

so glad you time with the Marine was good you and him had a long wait in between visits you certainly are right about when our families delt the loved ones being gone was very tough agree with how things sure have changed and we are thankful for there were many times you were there for my when my marine was in the sandbox!

keep the pictures coming we all enjoy them, have a good one
susan